Please select the appropriate form or document below that you wish to complete online.Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.
- F-2 Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child after your F-1 I-20 has already been issued
- Change of Financial Support - If your sponsor changes while you are studying at UT, you must submit new documentation to update your I-20.
- SEVIS Leave of Absence/Withdrawal - If you wish to take a temporary absence or withdrawal, you must submit related documentation to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
- I-20 Program Extension - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
- Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from International Programs.
- Reinstatement - if you fall out of F-1 status and would like to request reinstatement
- SEVIS Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school, International Programs must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to International Programs.
- On-Campus Employment - F-1 students who receive an on-campus job offer and need to request SSN
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
- SEVP OPT Portal Update - If you need to report employment/employer changes after your EAD card has been issued, you must submit this information directly to SEVP online.
- STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
- Off-Campus Employment - Economic Hardship - F-1 students who want to check on their eligibility must schedule an appointment with an international student advisor
- Visiting Scholar Request - If you are interested in being an international visiting scholar at UT, please contact International Programs.
- J-2 Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child after your J-1 DS-2019 has already been issued
- Change of Financial Support - If your sponsor changes while you are studying at UT, you must submit new documentation to update your DS-2019.
- SEVIS Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school/program sponsor, International Programs must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school/program sponsor.