Please select the appropriate form or document below that you wish to complete online.Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.
Most online applications through this system will require you to attach documents. Click here for information to help you with converting your paper documents into electronic files.
- Initial I-20 Request - for newly admitted international students, or students returning from a leave of absence less than one academic year. Once your I-20 has been issued, you will receive important pre-arrival information.
- Change of Education Level - current UT student who has been accepted to/is applying for a new degree program
- F-2 Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child after your F-1 I-20 has already been issued
- Change of Financial Support - If your sponsor changes while you are studying at UT, you must submit new documentation to update your I-20.
- SEVIS Leave of Absence/Withdrawal - If you wish to take a temporary absence or withdrawal, you must submit related documentation to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
- I-20 Program Extension - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
- Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from International Programs.
- Reinstatement - if you fall out of F-1 status and would like to request reinstatement
- SEVIS Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school, International Programs must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to International Programs.
- On-Campus Employment - F-1 students who receive an on-campus job offer and need to request SSN
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study, after program completion. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to program completion.
- SEVP OPT Portal Update - If you need to report employment/employer changes after your EAD card has been issued, you must submit this information directly to SEVP online.
- STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
- Report STEM OPT Participation - F-1 students must confirm that contact and employer information in SEVIS is correct. STEM OPT data validation reports must be submitted at 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after your STEM OPT start date.
- Off-Campus Employment - Economic Hardship - F-1 students who want to check on their eligibility must schedule an appointment with an international student advisor
- Visiting Scholar Request - If you are interested in being an international visiting scholar at UT, please contact International Programs.
- J-2 Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child after your J-1 DS-2019 has already been issued
- Change of Financial Support - If your sponsor changes while you are studying at UT, you must submit new documentation to update your DS-2019.
- SEVIS Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school/program sponsor, International Programs must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school/program sponsor.